Every active 2017-2018 student and parent is expected to sign the below compact and return to his/her teacher.
Lincoln Elementary School and the parents of the students agree that this compact outlines how the parents, entire school staff, and students will short the responsibility for improved student academic achievement and the means by which the school and parents will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve the State of California’s high academic standards.
This School-Parent Compact is in effect during the 2017-2018 school year.
School Responsibilities – Lincoln Elementary will:
- Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enable the participating students to meet the State of California’s student academic achievement standards as follows:
We will provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables students to meet academic achievement standards.
- Hold parent-teach conferences (at least annually in elementary school) during which this compact will be discussed as it relates to the individual child’s achievement.
- Provide parents with frequent reports on their child’s progress.
We will provide parents with frequent reports of their child’s progress three times annually through report cards. We will also inform parents about student benchmark assessment results each trimester.
- Provide parents reasonable access to staff.
We will be able to talk to parents on a consistent basis. Administrators and staff will be available before and after school to meet and talk with parents.
- Provide parents opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s class, and to observe classroom activities.
Parents will be invited to serve as classroom volunteers to assist in the coordination of classroom activities. In addition, the school will hold many school wide activities such as book and art fairs and other celebrations to which parents will be invited to participate.
We, as parents will support our children’s learning in the following ways:
Parents will support their children’s learning in such ways as: monitoring attendance, making sure homework is completed, monitoring and limiting amount of television viewing time, and promote positive use of child’s out of school time.
We, as students, will share the responsibility to improve our academic achievement and achieve the California Common Core Standards. We will:
- Do our homework everyday
- Ask for help when needed
- Read for at least 30 minutes every day outside of school