Virtual tours for prospective parents are available every Wednesday at 9 am.
Please contact Pikshan.Lui@ousd.org to sign up for a tour.
Parent update- January 17, 2022
Be a bush if you can’t be a tree. If you can’t be a highway, just be a trail. If you can’t be a sun, be a star. For it isn’t by size that you win or fail. Be the best of whatever you are.
– Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Dear Lincoln Families,
Welcome to trimester 2, week twenty one. I want to thank you for your partnership and communication over the last week regarding Covid-19 safety. Together, we can ensure the health and safety of our school community. As a reminder, if your student exhibits any Covid-19 symptoms, please keep them home and test them to ensure that they are healthy and safe before sending them to school. If your student or a family member tests positive for Covid-19, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is a look at the week ahead
Tuesday, 1.18.22- 12:00- 3:00 pm: Rapid testing for classes in modified quarantine.
Pink consent forms for classes newly added to modified quarantine are available at drop off on Yard B from 8:00 to 8:30 am on Tuesday, January 18. If you filled out this form last week, you do not have to fill it out again.
Wednesday, 1.19.22 -Minimum Day- 1:15 dismissal TK-3, 1:20 dismissal 4-5
9:00- 10:00 am: Virtual tour for prospective parents. Please email Pikshan.Lui@ousd.org to sign up.
Thursday, 1.20.22- GDP meeting 5:30- 6:30 pm
Lincoln Site Access
- Masks are required indoors and outdoors for all adults and students at Lincoln.
- Parents and guardians may not enter hallways, classrooms or the cafeteria in keeping with Covid19 safety guidelines.
- Students in grades TK- 1st must be dropped off and picked up from Yard A, which is accessible through the gates on 10th and 11th streets.
- Students in grades 2nd- 5th must be dropped off and picked up from Yard B on the Alice street side. Please do not double park on 10th or 11th streets. Double parking will result in tickets from the City of Oakland.
- If your student would like to have school breakfast, they will have to make their way to the school cafeteria. We will serve breakfast beginning at 8:05 am. School staff will help your student navigate the campus.
- Lines to meet teachers will form starting at 8:15 am and teachers will meet students at their lines at 8:25 am. Names of teachers are posted on the walls and fence on Yards A and B.
- Please know that we are staggering our lunch schedule to keep students and staff safe. There are a total of 8 air purifiers and 3 fans and 2 industrial exhaust fans placed in the Lincoln cafeteria to enhance student and staff safety. Students in modified quarantine eat outdoors and have a separate recess.
With collaboration, acceptance, respect and empathy,
Principal, Lincoln Elementary School